Baptism Special Ideas

We have been repeatedly reminded by our leaders, in the Church where I belong, that the most important activity in the church should be the "Baptism". And their should be no other activity that will go with the same time if their is Baptism in the church.

The leaders have reminded us that baptism should not be treated lightly. This should be the most special activity in the church. Members should wear Sunday's Best. And no one should wear slippers during baptism.

So, we have to make it SPECIAL to the one who are going to be baptized.... but it does not need to overdo.

I have been pondering on what should I do to make the newly baptized special on that day. I already got three ideas. And I'll be updating this post from time to time to share with you the ideas I came upon and have done..

Here it is!

1.)  PERSONALIZED BAPTISM PROGRAM FOR 8TH YEARS OLD CHILD 

When I was in Taiwan, I served as a nursery teacher in Daliao Ward. It was fun and I gained a lot from that experience. Their was a primary student that will be baptized in her 8 years of age. What her mother did was, she asked her daughter to draw her father baptizing her in front of the folded paper. She was also asked to make the program on the next page. She was taught how to make the program assisted by her mother and she was to choose who she like to give the part in the program.

The drawing was not perfect but it was really cute and those Chinese characters are amazing. And it touches my hearts so deeply that I cannot forget that moment. I told myself I'm going to do this when I have my own child. It was something special to the child (or to others who has given the chance to choose) because all she choose was close to her heart and they are part of her special day.

I'm sad I cannot find my copy of that program. When I find it, I'll show it to you here...

UPDATE (4.18.2016): I FINALLY FOUND THE PICTURE IN MY PERSONAL JOURNAL. SO GRATEFUL FOR MY JOURNAL! In my journal, I mentioned that this was copied in a colored paper and I also read that during the program the primary students had a presentation. How sweet it is!

HERE'S THE PICTURE...



2.) PERSONALIZED BAPTISM INVITATION FOR MY NEPHEW

I thought I could have my own child sooner but my nephew lived in us for good and we are grateful to his decision to be baptized. He was 9 years old when he was baptized. Since I had this previous experience in Taiwan, I also tried to make for my nephew. 

There are 3 of them to be baptized on that day. Since the program were already done by the Ward Secretary, we decided to make an invitations. I asked him to draw himself being baptized by someone. I coached him a little bit to make his drawing a little realistic. :-) After that, I asked him to color his drawing but my problem was how to recopy after he colored it. So, I scanned it and I colored it in paint application. And here's how it looked like. I inserted his picture. He had mistake writing his name twice and wrong spelling of "baptism" but don't worry we can fix it a later. 


My nephew was really excited of his baptism because finally he can go into the small swimming pool as he call it. hehehe... But aside from that, he is excited to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I can feel it from him. My heart melts on how things so precious.

3.) WELCOME POSTER AND MESSAGES PAGE

Their is this sister in our ward that has been going to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints from her primary age up to her single adult age but was not baptized. She had her own experience that lead her to baptism, finally. It was such a blessing to her and to her family. And I feel so much joy inside that she became a member of our Lord's Church which she desired for so long time. Prior from her baptism was her wedding with her husband and she was baptized by her husband. It was really something precious.

I wanted to share something to her. I prepared something not so big but of great remembrance. I got this inspiration from LEMON SQUEEZE HOME. I set up this thing before you enter the room. So, everyone could see who is the candidate for baptism. 


Here are the list:

-> I searched from Microsoft office a template. I chose one which was nice and wrote in their the introduction of the candidate. 
-> Also I printed out two copies of template for messages of those close to her and those who have attended who wants to send a message to her.
-> I prepared flowers.
-> I also prepared candies.
-> I prepared pens in different colors.
-> I got a new copy of Book of Mormon and everyone who like to share their favorite scriptures for the newly baptized sister.


I will update you soon of the latest ideas! Thank you for reading!
(*_*)

Post a Comment

0 Comments